“Parents are the first teacher of a child.” “Good habits are learnt at home”. These statements are true just like earth is round or air is necessary to breath. Parents are truly the first teacher of their children from whom he learns various things of life. A child learns to lead a happy, healthy and genuine life. Genuine here means living life a right way minus bad habits or ill practices. Whether it is knowingly or unknowingly, parents teach something or the other to their children. Whatever they do or believe automatically passes on to their children as they are the only ones with whom a child spends the most part of his life.
Strong Bonding is Necessary for the Right Development of a Child
As the child learns what he watches his parents do, you need to set examples and teach him only the right things. You will succeed in this endeavor if you have a strong bonding with your child. He will give ears to what you tell him only if he respects you and sees you follow what you practice. And, don’t think that you will achieve this strong bonding in a blink of an eye or out of blue. On the contrary, you have to nurture it with love, care and affection.
How to Know if there Exists Strong Bonding?
Has your child disagreed on a point that is principally correct? Has he denied adopting a lifestyle you want him to? After the last time, you heavily lashed your anger at him, did he retaliate or refused to do what you asked him to? If you answer in yes to any of these questions then probably you have to rethink on the ways you are adopting to bring up your child. It is not that you are wrong or you are bringing up your child the wrong way but the thing is you have to put in extra efforts to create a strong bonding between you and your child. This will not only make him a responsible and respectable individual but also make him love you all the more.
Is it Easy to Recreate and Strengthen the Parent Child Bonding?
Nothing is impossible in this world. And, as a parent you need to be optimistic and adopt ways that can strengthen the delicate parent child relationship. Given below are simple to follow and easy to implement suggestions for realizing this aim.
- Give freedom to your child to the extent that doesn’t make him an aimless free bird. It means impose restrictions but to the extent where he doesn’t feel choked up.
- Let him take his own decisions after he is capable to differentiate the right from wrong.
- Give him responsibilities in which he sees opportunity to prove his worth.
- If your child is a little notorious monster then make him understand the consequences he would have to face in the event of not behaving properly. This doesn’t mean that you will punish him but he will suffer something that would teach him lessons.
- Give him an open space. Understand his dreams, aspirations, expectations, anticipations and everything that he shares with you. Don’t get too busy to the extent that you have to wait for your child to tell you something. Figure out what everything going on in his mind on your own.
- Instead, of straightway shouting at him, make things clear as to what is a right and what is the wrong way to do a thing, what he should do and what not. If he makes mistakes after this, try to ignore or warn him if the issue is serious. It will be better if you explain the things clearly, instead of shouting, scolding or punishing him.
- Call him by a sweet and lovely nickname, something that would express and convey your love for him.
- If you are struggling with something or are simply doing a task in which your children can be a part, involve them. Ask them to fetch a particular diary or help you in picking up little things next time you to a supermarket. This will instigate a tender feeling and sense of attachment in your children that they have helped you somehow.
- After you reach home from work or on a holiday or even on any day, just ask your children where they would like to hang out- will it be a picnic, movie, eating out or going to a park or just play with you in the home. If your child seems not to be at rest or there is something that bothers him, ask him the cause and then suggest solutions for the same. Playing and interacting with your child will strengthen the bond and make your children think of you as their parent, friend, philosopher and guide.
- In case, you are the parents of grown up kids or even small cute devils, inculcate a habit of taking meals together. This is one the best ways to keep the conversation going.
Remember, if you have affinity for Hitler and become a dictator like him, your children will revolt against you. Yes, this is true. They will become indifferent and have no respect for you. If you want to have a strong and positive bonding with your children, never impose anything on them. Let them take their own decisions but be there for them always to suggest and let them know the difference between right and wrong. If you nurture strong bonding with your children he will grow up to be a responsible and good human being.
Strong bonding between parents and child is necessary for children. They learn a lot of things and become sensible and responsible individuals.